Marketing the job fair to students
- Create a flyer - we use full page flyers for residence halls and student housing and quarter-page size hand bills distributed at information tables.
- Link the list of registered employers to the career center website. We have an event page for the PT Job Fair which includes details of the event and a link to participating employers.
- Bulletin board banner in front of the Library.
- Campus TV monitors.
- Campus-wide email messages just prior to the event.
- Press releases and articles for student and university news outlets.
- Social media blasts from the career center (Facebook, Twitter).
Rock Chalk Block Party
The Rock Chalk Block Party takes place on Friday evening of move-in day, August 23rd. Students either like the career center on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter in order to receive a free T-Shirt. Each T-Shirt is wrapped with a handbill for the Part-Time Job Fair, which takes place on the first day of classes, August 26, 2013.
TV commercials for part-time jobs