Implementing the job fair
- Prepare table signs for all the employer tables. Arrive early and set up for the day.
- Prepare the employer folders: welcome letter with general information, list of career center staff, calendar of career center events, a map of the fair and an evaluation form. We also include other items like small note pads and pens from the career center.
- Arrange for staff and volunteers to work at the event. Contact them with information on when to arrive and what they will be doing at the fair.
- Keep a staff/volunteer list at the event to track people coming and going. We have student volunteers who help direct students into the fair, give them a job fair handout, and pass out water and soda to employers at their tables.
- Ask employers to complete an evaluation and leave it with you at the end of the fair